How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Bloomington
Remote work is the new way of life for many employees, whether you occupy a large house or a studio apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t experience the bonus of a bonus bedroom to serve as your home office, but you can still create a suitable workspace. Check out these easy recommendations and see how to make a home office in a small apartment in Bloomington.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Bloomington
- Choose an appropriate desk. Choosing a properly sized desk to fit your space is essential. If you use a laptop, a desk only needs to be approximately 20 inches deep. Your work surface is ideally about 28 inches from the floor and can be any width that makes sense for your space. Be sure you have area for an extra monitor. You'll be glad you have one when you have spreadsheets up, a conference call going, and various other windows open. Really tight on space? Try a two-tier collapsible desk you can stow away when not in use.
- Where might your desk go? If you can tuck your desk into a corner, great! But you may need to get more innovative when arranging. A slim desk might be situated directly behind a sofa. You can use a small area rug and table lamp to designate the space as your home office. An unused wall in your room will also work nicely. Place some artwork or keep a plant on your desk so you aren’t staring at a blank wall all day.
- Let your desk play multiple roles. If you’re short on space, use your desk for more than one function. Place it next to your bed to double as a nightstand. Or do without a desk entirely and work from your kitchen bar or dining room table.
- Incorporate floating shelves. These additions work nicely when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have extra space for supplies or decor and can easily coordinate shelving into your room’s unique design.
Want To Mix Things Up? Consider Your Property’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Would you like an alternative in your own apartment? Try a compact standing desk to alter your perspective and improve circulation. An inexpensive foldable laptop stand may help get your computer at the appropriate height.
Here are a few extra space-conserving ideas you can implement in your small apartment home office in Bloomington:
- Hanging folders
- Small printer stand that fits nicely below your work area
- Small storage units you can attach to the your monitor’s lower edge
- Noise-limiting headphones for loud roommates and kids
Create Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At City Flats at Renwick
Your home office will look great in your new apartment at City Flats at Renwick. We have many different available floor plans to accommodate your living and working needs. Arrange a tour of our Bloomington property or contact us at 812-578-7432 if you would like additional information.