You’ve established that you would like to rent in Bloomington, but will you choose a house or an apartment? Either option puts a roof over your head, but outside of that, they can be vastly different. When selecting between renting a house vs. renting an apartment in Bloomington, evaluate the pros and cons of each before choosing.
The Benefits And Disadvantages Of Renting A House In Bloomington
Renting a house in Bloomington is attractive to individuals who would like plenty of square footage and privacy. On the other hand, renting a house typically comes with additional responsibilities.
- Ample square footage: Most houses are roomier than most apartments. If you require a wealth of square footage for occupants, furry friends, or your possessions, a house will likely have the additional rooms you want.
- An abundance of space outdoors: In addition to more space inside, houses generally have yards for energetic little ones or pets. Apartments have common areas outside, and potentially even a dog park, but very little private exterior areas.
- Added privacy: Had enough of hearing your neighbors? When you rent a house, you don’t share walls with other tenants which leads to hearing each other.
- Higher costs: Due to the fact they’re bigger, it usually costs more to rent a house vs. an apartment in Bloomington. In addition, utilities for a house are more expensive, and you might be required to hire someone to mow if you can’t handle it yourself.
- More maintenance responsibilities: Many rental home leases stipulate that you must help keep up the grounds. If you don’t like manual labor, renting a house may not work for you.
The Pros And Cons Of Renting An Apartment
Renting an apartment comes with lots of valuable amenities. Many people appreciate the ease of renting an apartment if they don’t require the additional square footage and privacy typically associated with a house.
- Less responsibility: When renting an apartment, a maintenance crew completes all repair jobs and employs a landscaping company to look after the property.
- Life-enhancing amenities: Most apartment communities have various conveniences that enhance your lifestyle, like an outdoor pool, exercise room, or sports court. It’s great to have these extra bonuses right on site at no additional cost.
- More apartments to pick from: If you want to rent, you’ll have less of a challenge finding an apartment over a house. This is especially true if you have to find something quickly.
- More affordable: If you’re like many who have limited finances, you’re more likely to find an apartment in your price range. It also costs less to run the A/C and furnace in an apartment than a house, and you won’t have extra costs like a lawn service.
- Less privacy: In an apartment, you have merely a wall separating you and neighboring Residents. If you would rather not listen to other occupants living so closely, think twice about choosing apartment living.
- Less square footage: You have the ability to find spacious apartments in Bloomington, but the majority of apartments have smaller living areas and less storage than a house.
Discover The Very Best Of Apartment Living At City Flats at Renwick
If you want a place with all the perks of an apartment lifestyle, consult with City Flats at Renwick. Our spacious designs and first-class amenities will instantly make you feel like you’re home. Schedule a tour or dial 812-578-7432, and we’ll help you select the ideal apartment for you.