Your Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Bloomington
When it’s time for spring cleaning or your Bloomington apartment really looks dirty, a detailed cleaning can freshen it up again. It can be easy to get frustrated when you take on more than you should at once. In an attempt to make cleaning your apartment more manageable, we’ve came up with an apartment cleaning checklist for Bloomington renters.
Your Bloomington Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Each Area
Complete these chores in all spaces of your unit before addressing rooms individually to optimize your time. Reference this apartment cleaning checklist for Bloomington to keep yourself organized.
- Declutter table tops and other areas.
- Dust ceilings and any decorative trim.
- Clean the tops of doors and their frames.
- Wipe down all interior walls and baseboards.
- Get the dirt and dust off your windows with a clean rag and glass cleaner.
- Wipe down, wash, or shake out window products like blinds, shades, and curtains.
- Clean doorknobs and high-touch areas with a Clorox wipe.
- Mop or vacuum all flooring and remove any stains or blemishes.
- Don’t forget to dust the blades and the light fixture of your apartment’s ceiling fans.
- Haul trash to the dumpster.
Cleaning Checklist For The Living Room
- Freshen up furniture with a vacuum and spot cleaning. Utilize a pet hair attachment or lint roller if you share your home with furry friends.
- Dust flat surfaces and everything on them.
- Dust electronics with a microfiber cloth.
- Revive wood pieces by polishing.
- Use disinfecting products on high-touch items like remotes.
- Be sure that remotes, coasters, and other needed accessories are situated in an easy-to-find area.
Dining Room Cleaning Checklist
- Wipe crumbs off tabletops and seats and pay attention to sticky spots.
- Wipe off the backs and legs of chairs.
- Polish a wood table or use glass cleaner on a glass-top table.
- Go with a feather duster to clean off display shelves with breakables or dishes.
Apartment Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
- Wipe down cabinets with a soft cloth moistened with soapy water followed by a another clean cloth].
- Clean off countertops with the right cleaning solution for your specific material or simply use white vinegar.
- Clean sinks with a mixture of baking soda and water. Some baking soda in the disposal will help in eliminating foul odors. Follow it with water after it’s had time to work for 5-10 minutes.
- Run a hot water cycle on the dishwasher with a container of vinegar on the upper rack. Once complete, wipe it out with a clean rag.
- Heat a cup of water to a boil in the microwave to let the dampened air soften stuck-on gunk. Wipe out with a damp sponge or cloth.
- Carefully remove and clean stove burner parts in the sink. Spray the oven door and stove with an appropriate product or equal parts household vinegar and water and scrub.
- Follow the oven’s self-cleaning instructions or simply make use of a water and baking soda paste to clean it out.
- Employ a a little dish soap or vinegar and water to wipe off the refrigerator’s interior an exterior; wipe off any residue with a sponge of soft cloth. Then move it and sweep the floor underneath.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
- Wipe off mirrors with a spray-on cleaner and a clean cloth.
- Disinfect counters with the right product for your material or vinegar and water on a cloth.
- Wipe down cabinets with a mild liquid soap followed a a clean cloth.
- Scrub the toilet bowl.
- Wipe off your toilet exterior with your choice of vinegar or disinfectant.
- Tackle the the walls and surfaces of your shower and tub with a vinegar mix or a suitable cleaner.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Bloomington
- Tidy up or reorganize your closet.
- Use a duster for shelving and flat surfaces.
- Launder the sheets.
- Grab any errant dirty clothes and place them in the hamper or laundry basket.
- Use an extendable dusting tool to dust below the bed.
Choose A Spacious Apartment At City Flats at Renwick
A clean place to live is great, but in some instances you would be better off with a new apartment altogether. Check out the roomy, well-appointed apartments at City Flats at Renwick. Call our leasing team at 812-578-7432 or request a tour to get started.