The opening of a community pool is like the unofficial kickoff to the summer season. You can't wait to enjoy your free time in the water. But before you jump in, check out this easy-to-follow guide for apartment pool safety in Bloomington. A few prudent precautions will go a long way to keeping you and your friends out of danger when frequenting this well-liked apartment amenity.
Apartment Pool Safety Tips
Although fun and relaxing, swimming pools do pose a possible threat, particularly for novice swimmers. To make sure you have a fantastic time, observe these essential apartment pool safety tips for Bloomington.
- Swim with a friend: Whether you’re a beginner or a lifelong swimmer - you need to have another person with you should there be an urgent situation. Unfortunate events can take place no matter your age, physical condition, or athletic ability.
- Keep an eye on small children: If you have small children, ensure they wear a well-fitted life jacket of buoyancy aid. And be sure to supervise your little ones carefully at all times, even if they’re away from the water. A toddler wobbling on the edge of a pool is an emergency about to happen. If your children don’t know how to swim, summer break is a great time to enroll in lessons.
- Finish your snack before getting in: Your mouth ought to be clear when stepping into the pool to avoid choking. So complete your sandwich and remove your chewing gum before testing out the water.
- Avoid pushing, running, and diving: Pool areas are slippery, and apartment swimming pools are typically not very deep. For these reasons, running, diving, and pushing others is never a good idea.
- Avoid holding your breath underwater: We’ve all seen kids compete with one another in a contest of holding their breath underwater. This is ill-advised at any age as it can cause passing out and drowning.
- Be conscious of the weather: Take heed of the weather, and if you note thunder or witness lighting, don’t ignore it. Leave the water and stay safe.
- Adhere to all posted rules: Your apartment community will have guidelines displayed. Comply with them and ensure your guests do too. They are in place for your own safety.
- Avoid glassware: Go with plastic or cans when planning your day at the swimming pool. Glassware and hard pool surroundings don’t mix. Bits of glass from a broken bottle are hazardous for unprotected feet.
You can friends can savor a great time at your apartment’s swimming pool this summer. Just be certain to play it safe in and around the swimming pool.
Looking For An Apartment With A Pool In Bloomington?
Escape the heat and embrace the relaxation of an apartment swimming pool in Bloomington at City Flats at Renwick. We are pleased to provide the luxury amenities you’re looking for and a broad range of floor plans to select from. Schedule a tour to locate your next home today. If you have questions, feel free to call 812-578-7432 and talk to a friendly member of our team.