You have a lot to consider when you move to a new apartment home in Bloomington. A to-do list will help things go more smoothly. It is critical in helping you think of each important job, stay focused, and feel less overwhelmed. To help make your ensuing relocation less stressful, we’ve put together these important details for your apartment moving checklist in Bloomington.
8 Weeks Until Moving: Start Preparing
Don’t procrastinate! The days leading up to your move will be more stress-free the earlier you start getting ready.
- Make an actual list. Utilize our recommendations to begin your Bloomington apartment moving checklist and supplement it with additional tasks as you think of them.
- Inform your present property management team. Many agreements demand a 60-day notice before you plan to leave.
- Review your responsibilities for moving out, like a final walk-through and proper cleaning. Be sure to include these on your checklist.
6 Weeks Prior To Relocating: Get Ready For The Big Day
Now is the time to figure out the logistics for the day of your move and schedule movers.
- Settle move-in plans with your new apartment complex in Bloomington. Verify your move-in date, make sure you understand the steps you need to take, and finish any outstanding paperwork.
- Enlist professional movers or rent a truck. Reserve as soon as possible to ensure you lock in a date that works best for your schedule.
- Make babysitting or pet-sitting plans for the big day to keep kids and animals safe.
2-4 Weeks Before Moving Day: Box It Up
Having your things boxed up early will keep things more manageable later. Put everything into one of these classifications: retain, donate, or throw away.
- Assemble moving boxes and other supplies.
- Begin packing non-vital goods and purging unwanted items. Don’t forget to use labels!
- Fix any problems that you caused in your old apartment to ensure the return of your deposit.
- Revise your renter’s insurance for your new place.
- Submit a form to change your address and request mail forwarding from the postal service.
- Schedule your utility transfers or start fresh accounts for your electric, gas, cable.
- Notify subscription services of your change of address.
- Discover where the most convenient restaurants, hospitals, schools, and other frequented places are within your new locale.
1 Week Prior To Moving: Make Last-Minute Preparations
This week will be demanding yet exhilarating as you finalize moving day plans.
- Verify your arrangements with movers or the truck rental company and give directions and other details when your day arrives.
- Complete your packing. Pack a temporary bag for the initial nights in your new home, and find a safe way to stow prized possessions or personal documentation to keep in close proximity.
- Sweep up your previous apartment as you finish packing. .
- Obtain the keys and make an initial tour of your new home. Document and report any maintenance issues.
- Plan where your furniture will incorporate into your new apartment floor plan.
Moving Day: Stay Organized!
The wait is over and it's time to move! It will be hectic, so you should have your Bloomington apartment moving checklist handy to keep yourself organized.
- Dispatch pets or kids with trusted family, friends, or paid sitters until moving is done.
- Coordinate with the team of professionals as they take boxes on and off the truck. Tip the movers and take care of any outstanding charges.
- Complete the closing walk-through at your old apartment.
- Make sure you have utilities up and running along with functioning smoke alarms.
- Set up the bare necessities at your new place, such as bedrooms, eating utensils, and toiletries.
Add A Tour Of City Flats at Renwick To Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Bloomington
You have to find a new place before you start planning your move. What about City Flats at Renwick? Our representatives are excited to give you an on-site or video tour of our beautiful community and help you find the perfect floor plan for you. Make visiting us part of your list of things to do and call 812-578-7432 or plan a tour today to see what we have to offer.